Day 4 - Home Sweet Home


Yoko and Brandon were discharged from the hospital today. After spending a full 24-hours under the light yesterday, Brandon looks better and was allowed to go home. It's now 11:00pm and Brandon was just fed and is sleeping in his very own bed, looking so contented - although we're not sure how long this will last. He's probably wake up wailing for food again... soon!

Earlier today, I took the opportunity to "show" Brandon around the house while he was awake. I started with Ashley's room, our bedroom, the living-room... and by the time I got to the kitchen, he fell asleep!! Oh boy, am I that boring...?? :-(

Thanks for leaving us messages - we enjoy receiving them - and at least I know my effort to maintain this blog to share with family and friends has not been in vain - someone(s) is ACTUALLY looking at it. So, keep writing!!

The First Night
It was a l-o-n-g night. Brandon woke up wailing for food about every hour... so, you can imagine how much sleep we've got. Finally, at about 5am, we decided to feed him with milk formula because Yoko had nothing to offer anymore. The only problem was, we didn't have any formula. Thank goodness, we have a 24-hour "Shop & Save" grocery store nearby.

Yoko called the hospital for advice this morning and was told that this is normal as Brandon is still trying to get use to the new environment, and also to feed him more frequently in the day. And we thought the 2nd time round as parents would be easier - NOT!! Having said that, it's comforting to know that this is just a phase. I'm sure of you parents out that can identify with us :-)

No comments: